The purpose of the governance committee is to provide leadership to the OpenLMIS community including defining community processes, leading fundraising and advocacy efforts, and building a sustainable community. The governance committee meets monthly, and is made up of key donor and implementation partner members.
To participate in the committee forum, see our Discourse Category
Questions about OpenLMIS? Want to get involved?
Email the OpenLMIS Community Manager, Rebecca Alban at email@example.com
The governance committee meets on the second Tuesday of the month at:
7AM PST - Seattle
10AM EST - New York, DC
3PM CEST - CEST, Geneva, Copenhagen (4PM during daylight saving time of the year)
5PM EAT - Dar (6PM during daylight saving time of the year)
Conference Details (via Zoom Conferencing)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/377281719
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll): +19294362866,,377281719# US or +16699006833,,377281719# US
+1 929 436 2866 US +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 377 281 719
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/byw2qkHOU
International numbers available: https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=wRxqI2_rSgQgMuyGfkJqWpM151Lwg6Bd
Agenda & Notes
OpenLMIS Community Manager: Rebecca Alban
|Carl Leitner (Chair)||PATH / Digital Squarefirstname.lastname@example.org||X|
|Alfred Mchau||VillageReach Tanzaniaemail@example.com|
Parambir GillJean Miller
|Dan Cocos||BAO Systemsfirstname.lastname@example.org||X|
|Empower School of Health||X|
The OpenLMIS Governance Committee Charter may be viewed here: OpenLMIS Governance Committee Charter.
A guidance document outlining the definition and role of OpenLMIS Trusted Partners may be viewed here: OpenLMIS Trusted Partners
Prior to each instance of a Governance Committee meeting, the elected chair will facilitate development of an agenda using items submitted by OpenLMIS Governance Committee members. The Secretary will then update the existing OpenLMIS Wiki page with the planned agenda items. The agenda should roughly follow the below structure:
- Introductory Items such as:
- Introductions (if any)
- Agenda review
- Minutes and actions from last meeting
- Any potential issues that may require a vote.
- Main agenda items proposed by Committee members
- Current and potential implementation opportunities
- Summary of OpenLMIS inquiries in the last month
- Review and approval of feature requests (with budget) from PC (quarterly basis?)
- Review progress reports from PC ?and TC?
- Review membership
- Review and summarize new actions from this meeting
How to vote
- Voting will be carried out via email, or using Google Forms. The email or google form will be sent via email to the voting members (listed above)
- If the primary voting member is unavailable, they must designate an alternate will vote in their place, noting that the primary was unavailable
- If an organization misses a vote due to lack of participation in the voting process, or votes after the period has closed, their vote will not be considered
Required Support for a Vote
- Votes on legal matters or relating to the OpenLMIS business plan(s) require support by at least 2/3 of members
- Votes regarding basic actions and feature approvals that don't adversely affect current implementations will require a simple majority
- The chair gets a vote and is responsible for adjudicating should there be a voting dispute
Proposals or issues requiring a vote must be made publicly available for discussion on the Governance Committee Google Group forum prior to the next Governance Committee meeting instance.
It is the submitter's responsibility to start a vote after this discussion during the next instance of a Governance Committee meeting.