Lead: Mary Jo Kochendorfer (Deactivated) and/or Team Leads
Product Owner, Team Leads + chosen team members, Scrum Master(s)
No more than 2 hours
Objective: Review the high-priority tickets and/or discuss what the next sprint should focus on. The product owner will highlight the functional priorities and the tech leads will highlight the technical priorities.
Meeting Invite: OpenLMIS v3 Backlog Grooming.ics
- Backlog grooming is most likely to succeed when the following have been accomplished prior to the meeting:
- The Product Owner has defined the functional priorities for each team for the next sprint. These are marked in bold within the particular team's section.
- The team has created tickets in Jira with sufficient detail that relate to each functional priority.
- The team lead has curated these tickets and linked to them in the "Backlog Grooming Sprint NN" page each ticket should have a checkbox next to it
- During the meeting:
- Product Owner outlines functional priorities and the team discusses any conversations that are jotted down per functional area
- Review each ticket that is proposed by functional area
- Determine if the ticket is scoped well enough and if there are any dependencies that aren't accounted for
- Develop a roadmap of gaps that need to be completed in the backlog before the next sprint can start
- The team prepares for the Planning meeting where story points and estimates are defined.