|Table of Contents|
The purpose of this test plan is to outline regression testing for 3.2.1 release candidate.
Sam (for Team ILL)
Joanna (for Team Parrot)
|Team ILL & Team Parrot|
- The component leads will identify any missing test cases and detail them in the Test Case Coverage section below.
- Then the QA leads will assign the test case to the test cycle and to the team members that will execute the test cases. How to create Test Cycles process is located here:Testing Process & Test Plans#CreatingaTestCycle
- The Test Cycle will include tests for all components. Sam and Joanna will create a minimum of 3 Test Cycles for the 3.2.1 Regression Testing. Three Test Cycles are created per team. We may need more test cycles depending on the bug cycles.
- Regression Phase 1 - Parrot, Regression Phase 1 - ILL
- Bug Fix Phase 1 - Parrot, Bug Fix Phase 1 - ILL
- Regression Phase 2 - Parrot, Regression Phase 2 - ILL
- If a test case has been executed and is in a status that needs to be retested, Sam or Joanna must create the new Test Cycle and assign the test case before testing can begin. Do not run a test case using the Ad hoc test cycle.
- Sam and Joanna will determine per their team when a new test cycle is created and assign the test executions to team members.
- Review test cases for your component: Search in Zephyr for all test cases by component. Instructions are here:Testing Process & Test Plans#SearchforTestCasesbyComponentorbyLabel
- Compare the test cases to the feature for your component (links to the features are in the table below).
- Missing test scenarios must be listed in the table below.
- Once the test cases are created and labeled with the component, add the test case number to the table below so that Joanna or Sam can add them to the correct Test Cycle.
All testers must follow the test case execution process detailed here:Testing Process & Test Plans#ExecutingTestCase
If there are any questions about how to execute a test case, or questions about the test case steps, please contact your QA team lead.
Step by Step instructions on how to create a bug/defect is located here:Testing Process & Test Plans#EnteringDefectsduringRegressiontesting
For Regression testing we will follow this bug prioritization (also outlined on docs.openlmis.org):
- When a bug is entered by the Malawi team it should be assigned to the epic:
Jira server System JIRA columns key,summary,type,created,updated,due,assignee,reporter,priority,status,resolution serverId 448ba138-230b-3f91-a83e-16e7db1deed1 key OLMIS-3427
- Instructions on how to enter bugs/defects are located here:Testing Process & Test Plans#EnteringDefectsduringRegressiontesting