Monthly OpenLMIS Governance Committee Call. This meeting includes members of the governance committee, as well as anyone else interested in participating.
- 7:00 - 8:00 AM PST - Seattle
- 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST - New York, DC
- 3:00 PM CET - Geneva, Copenhagen (4PM during daylight saving time of the year)
- 5:00 PM EAT - Dar (6PM during daylight saving time of the year)
Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/377281719
One tap mobile +16699006833,,377281719# US (San Jose) or +19294362866,,377281719# US
Dial by your location: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) or +1 929 436 2866 US
Meeting ID: 377 281 719
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/byw2qkHOU
Action items for next call
Action Items from September Governance
- Rebecca draft TP document for signature
- Rebecca to finalize language for TP logo
- Ashraf to provide link for Zambia FE
- Mary Jo and Ashraf to create comparison Matrix for different OpenLMIS versions and products
- Letter to be sent to Permanent Secretary in TZ to request data: Mary Jo to provide Ashraf with a letter for him to submit
Introductions and Call opening
Roll call and quick introductions by all the participants.
|We are on Discourse!||Wesley Brown & Rebecca Alban (Unlicensed)|
Claim Your Account: https://forum.openlmis.org/t/how-to-claim-your-account/831
Introduce Yourself: https://forum.openlmis.org/t/introduce-yourself/832/6
Rebecca- our Opportunities/Inquiries google group was also migrated to Discourse- folks will now have to login to see these exchanges rather than get emails
OpenHIE Supply Chain Interoperability
|Brandon Bowersox-Johnson & Craig Appl (Unlicensed)|
VillageReach and Ona are co-chairing the OpenHIE Supply Chain Subcommunity. Short presentation of the value statement:
|Update on Sustainability Work||Resonance Team|
was the date for the "midterm checking' meeting in Washington, DC
If you need help with travel, talk to Kaleb
Team will be setting up interviews in the coming days;
If there are any documents that are relevant to the sustainability work, there is a document repository here:
|Bidding Coalitions- process discussion||Rebecca Alban (Unlicensed)|
How can we streamline our process for putting together community bids?
Would it be helpful to have some community norms around how we structure partnerships for bids?
Some bidding scenarios include:
Ashraf: Given our experiences we've had, I feel option 2 seems reasonable and provides good value to the country (if we can provide competition).
Stew: Being on the evaluation side of the proposals, a question asked is does the country have to manage both partners?
Mary Jo Kochendorfer (Deactivated): There can be a prime and sub situation where an implementer only liaisons with one organization.
Carl Leitner: encourages the community to not do "teaming" agreements where on tech partner only works with one implementing partner.
Stew: "clients" will want to know if the tech partner changes and there should be standard language in the proposal if the sub-contractor changes.
Ashraf: highlights that with Global Fund and USAID will have more ridge rules around prime and sub relationships.
Carl Leitner: can we track our overall success rate of our proposals? We should be reflecting on what worked and didn't.
Ashraf: it would be up to organization to share what details they want with the community
Stew: Cautionary of how we evaluate our "success" and failures in going after bids/opportunities because we could discourage people putting in bids if they think they will "lose". Use caution with this metric.
Brandon Bowersox-Johnson: regarding sharing the results of who partnered, what happened and what the decision was. Should we give preference to partners with an on-the-ground presence? Brandon doesn't think we should at this point in time.
|Trusted Partner Update||Rebecca Alban (Unlicensed)|
Core team is finalizing a document for Trusted Partners to sign to show their commitment to comply with OpenLMIS community principles. The purpose of this is to promote a culture of transparency and clarify expectations for Trusted Partners
TO DO Check in with organizations to see if we extract capability information so that we have capability statements on our website.
TO DO Rebecca Alban (Unlicensed) Send around the Trusted Partner statement of support for review before finalizing.
|MoH Contacts?||Rebecca Alban (Unlicensed)|
OpenLMIS Community Lunch Meeting
-Who can help? (If you can, I'll follow up with you over email)
Chris Opit may have some contacts.
|Next Governance Meeting-reschedule?||Rebecca Alban (Unlicensed)||Our next meeting is scheduled for Dec 11th (which is during the Global Digital Health Forum)- how many folks are going? Should we reschedule governance meeting?|
Conferences and Meetings
Conferences provide the community the opportunity for OpenLMIS members to speak or represent the OpenLMIS software and community in public forum.
World Health Summit for Digital health principles
Reproductive Health Supplies Coalition- General Meeting
Mary Jo: Maguette is seeking collaborators for proposing a session about GS1 and Supply Chain for the ICT4D conference in Uganda in April 2019.
Definitions to use shared terminology:
|Rebecca Alban (Unlicensed)|
Community implementation opportunities:
Comparison Matrix of Different OpenLMIS versions/products
(put on Agenda in December meeting)
|Carl||This is something that we can use with clients|
Would like to re-energize this activity:
2) ISG is developing a set of functional requirements for SCM systems
Want the WHO functional requirements aligned with the ISG- hope to get all of these aligned
|Community and Product Updates|
Mattias Wiklund (Unlicensed), Brandon Bowersox-Johnson, Ashraf, Carl Leitner, Parambir S Gill (Unlicensed), Edward Wilson, Matt Berg (Unlicensed), Rebecca Alban (Unlicensed), Jakub Sławiński, Former user (Deleted), Gaurav Bhattacharya
RECORDING AND CHAT TRANSCRIPT