August 11, 2020

Monthly OpenLMIS Governance Committee Call. This meeting includes members of the governance committee, as well as anyone else interested in participating. 

Time

  • 7:00 - 8:00 AM PST - Seattle
  • 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST - New York, DC
  • 3:00 PM CET - Geneva, Copenhagen (4PM during daylight saving time of the year)
  • 5:00 PM EAT - Dar (6PM during daylight saving time of the year)

Call Details


Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/377281719

One tap mobile +16699006833,,377281719# US (San Jose) or +19294362866,,377281719# US

Dial by your location: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) or +1 929 436 2866 US
Meeting ID: 377 281 719
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/byw2qkHOU

Action items for next call  - Sept  8

Action Items 

Notes


Topic

Who

Notes

Chat Captures

Introductions and Call opening (5 min)

  • Notes from July Governance call

July Notes

Welcome

Review agenda for this call



Updated Product RoadmapWes

OpenLMIS product roadmap has been updated and is available at Living Product Roadmap

Solicit other 'wish list' ideas? (ie: if 3PLs could report into OpenLMIS to facilitate KPI reporting had been raised lately...) 


OpenLMIS COVID Edition-updateRebecca Alban

New web page: https://openlmis.org/covid-19-edition/

Cameroon:

  • First round of training for central and regional warehouse users is complete, overall successful; Next round this week is for facility-based users. Anticipate a total of 50 users
  • Continued interest in OpenLMIS for other programs too *COVID Edition is a way to plant the OpenLMIS seed in countries and promote adoption
  • interoperability with DHIS2 is a priority
  • Carl: What is DHIS2 Tracker doing with Supply Chain? 
  • Gaurav: Have notes and a demo from a call we had with DHIS2; using Tracker to collect 1) SoH, 2) received 3) what is required. It doesn't necessarily meet all country needs; some concerns about product lists being mismatched with countries. Interoperability needs to involve a mapping of facilities
    • Need to define requirements for data elements to be represented in DHIS2
    • This is with Cameroon; involving the HISP West Africa group
  • Wes: We would rather there not be 2 platforms doing 2 slightly different things
  • Brian: We haven't gotten any time with the interoperability people at DHIS2; perhaps Carl can nudge

Zimbabwe: 

  • After political delays/change in leadership, have agreed to local deployment

Cautiously optimistic that DRC will be the next country to adopt this tool; have recently met with MoH; moving forward well

Wes: Next major piece will be for us to figure out local hosting; it will be running in a data center which is a significant change for us. We don't prefer to do this but it comes up frequently as a country preference

  • Carl: reach out to HIE Dev Ops community–trying to pull together recs and best practices; there may be things that can be leveraged there.
  • Would we loop in Josh Zamor? Cape Carl attends these calls 

Gaurav: Had a conversation with PATH's access to oxygen team, they were looking to deploy an asset mgmt system. There is an opportunity to significantly expand the OpenLMIS footprint.

Brian: Had a call with Alex from PATH yesterday to move this oxygen work along; DRC is well positioned for this


Workstreams Update: Partnership search and PHMF

Partnership to Handover

  • Received a total of 19 submission. EOI is officially closed, but we may receive responses from GHX & Infor. Initial pitch conversations being completed this month.


  • Public Health Maintenance Fund
  • Discussion / Q&A
    1. Joint review of current draft PHMF tiered support structure 
      1. Gaurav: suggestion to add info on what support they would receive (if any) in the self-supported option, grey column
    2. Discuss possible pricing structures; 
      1. Kelly: Hosting costs- different on AWS? 
      2. Wes: Our hosting focus would be for demos, not traditional hosting. 
      3. Carl: Could have different pricing structure for small vs large countries (Lesotho vs Nigeria); look at SnowMed's model; based on gross national income http://www.snomed.org/snomed-ct/get-snomed. Or if a place that has state would that be a per state? 
      4. Ashraf: price it in a way that is more attractive than commercial options
      5. Wes: realistically countries will not be paying for this directly; our LOE doesnt really go up or down based on the size of the implementation or number of users; so the pricing structure might not need to adjust based on size of implementation



Linking with Product catalogs

Activity to take GS1 standards and make sure they are represented in FHIR; to spread use of FHIR in the health information space; get standardized representation of supply chain data from systems like EMR the more visibility we have into forecasting needs, etc. That work is under way http://build.fhir.org/ig/IHE/pharm-supply/toc.html

Getting ready for the next stage of this work: having product catalog to pool all of the data into cohesive lists; both natl catalogs as well as global product catalogs (RHSC, COVID19), and how to map all those together

Getting this work initiated -http://build.fhir.org/ig/HL7/fhir-order-catalog/branches/master/drugs.html

Want to pull in inputs from the PCMT community and OpenLMIS community to make sure we meet the needs of everyone 

Assume we (OpenLMIS) wants to adhere to these standards

Is there interest in this group of having a continued discussion? Wes: Yes, this is something we want to leverage and be able to interoperate with. Product Committee could be a good next step

Implications for roadmap and timelines; want to get strategic alignment as well

Next Step: Wesley Brown to facilitate discussion on this in upcoming Product Committee Meeting; then we can loop back to governance committee re: strategy/timelines 


AOB


Conferences and Meetings

Conferences provide the community the opportunity for OpenLMIS members to speak or represent the OpenLMIS software and community in public forum.



All

Upcoming (Virtual) Conferences for 2020 (let's add them here!)

  • Global Health Supply Chain Summit
    • Nov 9-20th (really??) (virtual)
  • Global Digital Health Forum 
    • December 2020 (virtual)
    • OpenLMIS core team submitted abstracts

Opportunities documentation

Definitions to use shared terminology:

  • Implementation opportunity: an opportunity for an implementation or deployment of the OpenLMIS software.  Usually this is done at a national or sub-national level within a ministry of health. This can also include feature work which would be done within the implementation and contributed back to the global codebase.
  • Community opportunity: a funding opportunity to support an organization or individual to work directly on the global codebase and/or administrate the community processes. This may include funding specific features on the community roadmap.

Country implementation opportunities:

  • This Trello table is being updated on an ongoing basis; to help the core team to track and manage implementation opportunities, but also provides a detailed snapshot of the scope and status of current implementation opportunities for stakeholders.

Community Opportunities:

  • New Trello table! Similar to the above table, this tool is being used by the stewards to track our exploring of new product opportunities and partnerships

Study Tours:

  • Study Tours wiki page tracks applications received, study tours completed, and other key milestones related to OpenLMIS Study Tours (this activity is no longer active due to COVID-19)



Community and Product Updates
Product Updates
Community Updates




ATTENDANCE:  Wesley BrownRebecca AlbanBrian Taliesin Kelly Hamblin, Lindabeth Doby, Jamal SayessGaurav BhattacharyaCarl LeitnerAshraf



RECORDING AND CHAT TRANSCRIPT   



Access Password: 


ADDITIONAL READING