Jan 12, 2021

Monthly OpenLMIS Governance Committee Call. This meeting includes members of the governance committee, as well as anyone else interested in participating. 

Time

  • 7:00 - 8:00 AM PST - Seattle
  • 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST - New York, DC
  • 3:00 PM CET - Geneva, Copenhagen (4PM during daylight saving time of the year)
  • 5:00 PM EAT - Dar (6PM during daylight saving time of the year)

Call Details


Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/377281719

One tap mobile +16699006833,,377281719# US (San Jose) or +19294362866,,377281719# US

Dial by your location: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) or +1 929 436 2866 US
Meeting ID: 377 281 719
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/byw2qkHOU

Action items for next call  - 

Action Items 




Notes


Topic

Who

Notes

Chat Captures

Introductions and Call opening (5 min)

  • Notes from Dec Governance call

December Notes

Welcome

Review agenda for this call



COVID 19 Edition update/discussion

(15 minutes)

Gaurav BhattacharyaRebecca Alban

COVID19 Edition_Vaccine Module for GC.pptx

Discuss possible donor opportunities (Gavi? Unicef?) 

What is our work plan or steps needed to expand the OpenLMIS COVID Edition to now support vaccines and to help all countries using OpenLMIS/eLMIS to add vaccines tracking into their systems

Carl: Has this taken into account the pans for the Smart Yellow Card? Gaurav: No, would be designed to interoperate with it/work alongside. Is OpenSRP something we can continue to use to ensure mobile management?

Carl: OpenSRP is a good target but aspects re: metadata and client interaction w/ healthworker that cant be met by OpenSRP. Suggest not being tied to one application as country needs might differ, as well as their existing systems. WHO expressed some interest in having a package of interoperable tools to support vaccine distribution; this could be a component of that

Landscaping done for tools that might be used for operationalizing the Smart Yellow Card? DS supporting a couple of more general landscaping activities that could be useful

Brandon: Is there anyone joining the WHO working group focused on this? This would help us to be on the pulse of which tools can be used. We can simultaneously be working on our own application. Carl is on the shortlist. They are narrowing it due to many applicants

Brian is checking to see if Steven Wanyee is on this

Carl: Actual supply chain details needed are actually small; but there is a need to confirm the security of the supply chain

Rebecca: Who from the community wants to be part of a community effort

  • Carl, Ashraf, Wes, LB & Gaurav (participate in community meetings), Jean M as well
  • Wes: want to get this started quickly;
  • Ashraf: good opportunity to see how OpenLMIS can be enhanced quickly to serve COVAX country; perhaps first step is a concept note to shop around with a proposed set of features and budget
  • Next step:
    • Call for next week- 10AM EST on Tuesday during Product C
    • Survey to countries- to help ground our concept what countries are planning; our partners will be needed to help distribute the survey to the right people
      • How do we align with existing OpenLMIS countries; and new countries who just want to launch this fresh- how do we support them quickly with an off the shelf solution

Possible ways to engage on this topic:

  • Planned discussion in PC- to discuss how workflows would need to change (how different are they from regular EPI?)
  • Survey countries to learn how they are using OpenLMIS for COVID and gaugue interest for COVAX support
  • create a 1 pager -screenshots, show how it can work, adapting global good



Burkina Faso eLMIS RFP (just released!)

(5-10 minutes)

Rebecca Alban

New Opportunity! Just received email about this today; anyone have any inside info abut the RFP?

IQS RFP GHSC-PSM-BFA-ELMIS-1.pdf

Basics:

  • Chemonics International Inc. is issuing a Request for Proposal (RFP) to seek offers for technical assistance to strengthen the National Electronic Platform on Health Commodities Logistics Management Information System (NetSIGL) in Burkina Faso.
  • IQS=Indefinite Quantity Subcontract to one or more organizations
  • Includes most of the basic components: Key Personnel, company information, technical approach, cost proposal
  • Scope: upgrade current system. The NetSIGL in its current version is only a logistics data reporting application developed in DHIS2. The new version of NetSIGL is intended to be one Application for Logistics Data Reporting, inventory management, dispensing, ordering management, with a critical inventory level alert system at different levels of the system and able to perform interoperability with other logistics management applications at the central and community level.

Companies or organizations should indicate their interest in submitting a proposal for the anticipated subcontract, as well as submit any questions regarding this IQS RFP, by sending an email to Parfait Edah at BurkinaFasoPSMPMU@ghsc-psm.org by 18:00 local Ouagadougou time on January 18, 2021. Questions and requests for clarification, and the responses thereto, will be circulated to all IQS RFP recipients who have indicated an interest in this IQS RFP. All proposals must be received by 18:00 local Ouagadougou time on January 28th, 2021.

Ashraf: Does CHAI have any idea of whether this SOW is related to previous CHAI work?

Jean: CHAI had done work on eSwatini DHIS2 (not Burkina). The scope from this would in Burkina would be similar 

Next Steps:

  • Rebecca circulate to partners via email
  • other? (Questions you would like me to submit on behalf of OpenLMIS?)

UNDP LTA opportunity: action needed

(10 minutes)

Rebecca Alban

Background:

ITB GPH2720000.docx.pdf- Invitation to bid (Full pdf of information about the bid)

VillageReach bid submitting on behalf of the community; high level (not country specific). Will include a note in the bid about transition to another 'steward' organization, but not mention them by name. Vitalliance OK with this approach.

Result will be a Long Term Agreement (LTA) with UNDP as preferred eLMIS provider

New date for final submission: Deadline extended to Jan 25 (yay!)

What is needed from partners:

  1. Confirmation of interest to participate in the bid, and thus sign basic MOU:
    • SolDevelo, CHAI, PATH confirmed 
      • Missing info from JSI, BAO, Empower, Ona, Softworks
      • Ashraf: Yes, raising concern re: how the bid is being proposed. Based on the project, different TPs have different strengths/weaknesses and want to see if there is flexibility to see if other partners could also be prime
      • Dan: following up
      • Brandon: agree that this situation is weird; the structure of this procurement is tricky. We will add language that when the time comes for actual work to happen that we expect a new handover partner; and also highlighting having a competitive process to be based on the country-specific needs. Ok with language to propose that other orgs can be prime. We have tried to explain that we are a consortium, but their structures are quite fixed. We are trying to push them on this
    • Name, email, and title of signatory (ASAP)
    • Rebecca circulated the MOU for your review; aim to have digital signatures by COB Wed (via RightSignature)
  2. Info on Key Personnel
    • CVs of 1-2 Key personnel and their daily rate  (approximate rate is fine)
  3. New info: All partners will also be required to fill out Form D from this document Section 6 Returnable forms.docx

Update on Transition Activities, Next steps

(15-20 minutes)

Kim Couri Rebecca Alban Gaurav Bhattacharya

Value of Data initiative- Gaurav

Contract update- Kim

Transition Comms Plan- Rebecca

  • working backwards from Feb 23rd public announcement date
  • multi-organizational comms effort- stewards, VR, Vitalliance, One Network, outside agency

Brandon; comms effort is significant; change mgmt comes next

Gaurav: We should showcase this work as a case study


AOB


Conferences and Meetings

Conferences provide the community the opportunity for OpenLMIS members to speak or represent the OpenLMIS software and community in public forum.



All

Upcoming (Virtual) Conferences for 2020 (let's add them here!)

  • 7th AeHIN General Meeting 
  • Global Goods Meeting (Digital Square)
    • Feb 2 & 3, 2021
  • DHIS2 Annual Conference
    • June 21-25, Oslo and virtual

Opportunities documentation

Definitions to use shared terminology:

  • Implementation opportunity: an opportunity for an implementation or deployment of the OpenLMIS software.  Usually this is done at a national or sub-national level within a ministry of health. This can also include feature work which would be done within the implementation and contributed back to the global codebase.
  • Community opportunity: a funding opportunity to support an organization or individual to work directly on the global codebase and/or administrate the community processes. This may include funding specific features on the community roadmap.

Country implementation opportunities:

  • This Trello table is being updated on an ongoing basis; to help the core team to track and manage implementation opportunities, but also provides a detailed snapshot of the scope and status of current implementation opportunities for stakeholders.

Community Opportunities:

  • New Trello table! Similar to the above table, this tool is being used by the stewards to track our exploring of new product opportunities and partnerships

Study Tours:

  • Study Tours wiki page tracks applications received, study tours completed, and other key milestones related to OpenLMIS Study Tours (this activity is no longer active due to COVID-19)



Community and Product Updates
Product Updates
Community Updates




ATTENDANCE:  Gaurav Bhattacharya Rebecca Alban Brandon Bowersox-Johnson Brian Taliesin Carl Leitner Jean Miller Josh Zamor Jakub Sławiński Kim Couri Lindabeth Doby, Wesley Brown Dan Cocos



RECORDING AND CHAT TRANSCRIPT   

Meeting Recording:
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/ogq1xruGGC4OOndHQTEvS_qrXX0czSMXIW-LjudlV3sGj8tHO_BzwECh4Jeb6Xf_.v2Yc3JcUReFkLwsL


ADDITIONAL READING