Date May 26, 2021
OpenLMIS participants: Rebecca Alban (Unlicensed), Dean Tebbutt, Wesley Brown, Benn Grubb (tech lead in East Asia)- works on DICE.
(not present but sharing with Trevor Lambiotte as an FYI)
Support Digital Health Center of Excellence- starting work with this re: COVID but hopefully want to expand the scope too
Tasked w/ putting together series of webinars w/ Gavi LMIS providers over the next few weeks
Last year Ben put together a procurement plan to guide country offices for eLMIS; how do you write a ToR, evaluate them, etc. Used Gavi/Global Fund materials; this is a pre-curser to getting a global LTA in place to be able to fast-track
UN agencies tend to piggy pack LTAs so this one will hopefully be not as painful this time around
Active in the Map & Match project where they will be country briefs
- digital health center of excellence, will be hosting the webinar series; have DICE speakers; and opening the audience up to WHO
- want to run 2 of these; 1) for asia/Africa region 2) another for the Americas
- will have another facilitator supporting
- allocate about 1 hour, keep intros minimum;
- they are developing a series of questions for us to address
- leave 15-20 min for facilitated Q&A at the end; that gives us about 35 minutes
- usually 60-100+ participants
- demo component?
- COVID focus? yes- trying to balance between colleagues who are desperate to get vaccines out and solve immediate value
- talk about timelines SaaS vs on prem;
- audience level of knowledge: tech focal points are primary audience; supply colleauges; most in asia dont know OpenLMIS well; variable knowledge; limited knowledge of the product specifically but are digital health people so understand concepts
- Talking to 34 countries in the region; EAP Region is less consistent where USAID has had a big influence
- only a few countries in this region have DHIS2
- hard to get the digital public good conversation; hard to have pre-existing integrations available
- would be good to talk about integrations that we have had w/ other govt systems; and
- Are countries more bespoke or is there HIE systems in place? A few countries have decent eHealth strategies and HIE ; they did a recent series of country case studies
- active HISP in Bangladesh; Malaysia and Thailand are building their own bespoke systems; some countries have capacity and wealth to do things themselves; authoritarian govts want to build things themselves and don't want to share data
- Points to cover in the webinar:
- digital health enabling environment; what is there beyond the tool; frame this via possible value added features; opens a new world of capabilities
- Enterprise Support for long-term support as a subscription model
- How does the transition happen from COVID→OpenLMIS long term
- mention imp partners
- Total cost of ownership in terms of:
- what is our model
- up front costs for things (on prem) vs Long term operating expenses
- we can give indicative numbers (large vs small); example a low end would be a rapid COVID install
- Ben's email of suggested topics to cover in the webinar: (if its too much to cover all in 35 minutes some of this could be covered in resource materials/links)
- Product and technical overview
- Overview of core modules
- Available in system
- Available through integrations
- Offline/Online functionality. Mobile-first. Low bandwidth considerations.
- Data Collection and Validation (business rules engine offline as well?)
- Data dashboards
- Support to existing business processes and flows through data analysis, reporting, and visualization
- What KPIs are available/produced by the system?
- Openness – code, standards, APIs, documentation, devops etc…
- Hosting (Cloud-based Hosting or On-premise Hosting)
- Data security and privacy
- Security audits or similar?
- Integration and Interoperability- integrations in existing implementations
- Current/planned/examples of custom deployment/integrations
- Use-case inclusive of resources/costs
- E.g. Track and trace, real-time monitoring of cold-chain, DHIS 2 etc…
- Country deployments and level of implementation
- Localization- how many languages are supported?
- Critical success factors for deploying eLMIS
- What makes a good client/product owner?
- What enabling environment is needed to make digitization a reality/success?
- Do you have some sort of readiness assessment to guide early stage scoping?
- Business/operating model
- Total Cost of Ownership
- Human Capacity required for system maintenance and support/Sustainability model in countries
- Support & maintenance options
- Existing or planned Long Term Agreements with UN agencies (value or time-bound) were they used?
Ben send calendar hold with proposed webinar date/time- June 10th for first one, and then will plan subsequent webinars for other timezones and possibly one in French
we go through his questions he sent; send any questions we have on them
our team to develop set of slides/presentation and send to Ben a few days in advance for his review