June 8, 2021

Monthly OpenLMIS Governance Committee Call. This meeting includes members of the governance committee, as well as anyone else interested in participating. 

Time

  • 7:00 - 8:00 AM PST - Seattle
  • 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST - New York, DC
  • 3:00 PM CET - Geneva, Copenhagen (4PM during daylight saving time of the year)
  • 5:00 PM EAT - Dar (6PM during daylight saving time of the year)

Call Details


Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/377281719

One tap mobile +16699006833,,377281719# US (San Jose) or +19294362866,,377281719# US

Dial by your location: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) or +1 929 436 2866 US
Meeting ID: 377 281 719
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/byw2qkHOU

Action items for next call  - 

Action Items 




Notes


Topic

Who

Notes

Chat Captures

Introductions and Call opening (5 min)

  • Notes from May Governance call

May Notes

Welcome

Review agenda for this call;



OpenLMIS 3.11 released!Wesley Brown

Summary of new feature & demo of offline stock management features. This should work in all browser types.

This is a major release we are excited about! 


Intellectual Property

Josh Zamor 

Brandon Bowersox-Johnson

Shared new CAA/CLA guidance and asking new contributing organizations to sign. 

  • There is a new section in the contribution guide that walks an organization through the signing process for a new contribution.
  • Published in the licensing section of Read the Docs on GitHub.
  • This process will need to be managed by the Stewards.
  • JSI and VillageReach have already signed and the documentation is on file.

Decide (agree) on updated contribution process.

Discuss interest and availability to publish a version of the IP Summary to the broader GG community and whether further documentation of the IP process is necessary and identify a point person to take it forward.

  • Carl: Think it would be highly useful, seen things all over the place about handling IP. Lots of other global goods are going through similar processes. High utility. May be worth doing a spot check with John Pain at OCL. Could also have this be a webinar as well.
  • Next Step: Brandon Bowersox-JohnsonJosh Zamor, & Kim Couri to discuss taking this forward at the Stewards meeting.

Transition updates
  • New team members - Pranil Singh (Community Engagement) and we also filled a GM position (name to be released), who will be taking a leadership role for Vitalliance. Senior team will then be in place, which is an important step toward fuller time engagement.
  • New business development - getting involved with the partners for bid submissions, driving direct activity around demand generation.
  • Product - One Network wrapper / integration point is integral to open up potential opportunities. Also looking at development of mobile app. Value added services are also being positioned (getting awareness out there). Plan to publish this as part of a strategic communications program ASAP.
  • Governance - Having first Strategic Oversight Committee meeting tomorrow to discuss how the transition is taking shape. Mailer went out to set up a new Community forum.
  • Demand creation - Trying to generate a healthy level of excitement and anticipation in what this partnership can bring.

Opportunity Pipeline ReviewDean Tebbutt

(Dean shared a quick slide update on the Transition, current priorities, opportunities, Enterprise Support.)

UNICEF webinar as part of COVID Digital Health Center of Excellence (DICE) 

Quick Summary of opportunities:

  • Nigeria (Gavi) - Follow up session with Gavi later this week to understand next steps.
  • Kenya (Gavi) - Dean is aware that PATH put a submission into Kenya, as well as JSI. Expect a COVID-type flavor of product.
  • COVID Ed DRC (lab commodities)- CHAI - Expect to sign the contract this week, which is for a fairly short deployment period (update by Gaurav).
  • Gambia - VR & JSI leads (Global Fund) - Received funding request approval, now Ministry will be following their procurement process (update by Ashraf).
  • Did not get accepted into Trinity Challenge.

"Committed" work

  • v2 updgrade Moz (VillageReach), funding from PSM
  • v2 Upgrade TZ  (VillageReach, others), funding from PSM
  • eSwatini pilot expansion (CHAI) - There is Global Fund funding for scale up and expansion, but don't think that the Ministry has put out an RFP yet (update by Gaurav). Expect this to happen in the August/September time frame with scale up in October onwards.

UNDP LTABrandon Bowersox-Johnson

Agreement has been awarded and what it means

  • UNDP selected four eLMIS products that have already passed as Gavi/Global Fund trusted software solutions, which included OpenLMIS.
  • We have signed the LTA (long-term agreement) as part of a consortium, which is a built in schedule of hourly rates with training, Enterprise Support fee at $55k, etc.

Completed mock exercise to set up UNDP processes

  • Stewards team submitted this sample budget and timeline on behalf of consortium.
  • Hope that UNDP will do a real RFP following this and that this will accelerate implementations given UNDP's presence in 26 countries.

Enterprise AgreementDean Tebbutt

Coordination w/ partners to re-launch enterprise support

  • Progressing at varying rates. Some are having very detailed commercial discussions; others are less advanced.
  • Request from the partners that this topic progresses as it is time critical.
  • Plan to set up a collective session on Enterprise Support submissions.
  • Pranil will be spearheading the momentum.
  • Important that we make headway on this; ask that everyone please makes time to focus on this.
  • Carl: May be useful to have messaging on security models (what's there and what's not there, so we don't undermine the non-Enterprise Supported implementations).

Collaboration Agreement Review

Review of items from collaboration agreement, status and next action items.

Context: Kim put together a quick Transition Progress Report outlining the statuses of various workstreams related to the transition.

Dean: This has been a helpful review, it flags areas that are falling short, so helps us plan corrective measures. We have focused on commercial opportunities, but there are other things like Communications that are important too.

Q (Carl): Are decisions getting blocked or delayed? A (Dean): No, it's just a matter of bandwidth and resourcing. (It's not anything we need from the committee–other than everyone signing up for Enterprise Support!)


AOB


(topic to save for future meeting)

Comparing OpenLMIS and DHIS2 capabilities


How do we advise countries on what each system can do for them for COVID?

DHIS2 has better data collection and vaccine tracking; they have an EIR-like data capture that tracks patients and their doses

larger question: why are we still being reactive, we knew this vaccine would be coming and haven't been able to prepare. So DHIS2 has stepped in to fill the hole


Conferences and Meetings

Conferences provide the community the opportunity for OpenLMIS members to speak or represent the OpenLMIS software and community in public forum.



All

Upcoming (Virtual) Conferences for 2020 (let's add them here!)


Opportunities documentation

Definitions to use shared terminology:

  • Implementation opportunity: an opportunity for an implementation or deployment of the OpenLMIS software.  Usually this is done at a national or sub-national level within a ministry of health. This can also include feature work which would be done within the implementation and contributed back to the global codebase.
  • Community opportunity: a funding opportunity to support an organization or individual to work directly on the global codebase and/or administrate the community processes. This may include funding specific features on the community roadmap.

Country implementation opportunities:

  • This Trello table is being updated on an ongoing basis; to help the core team to track and manage implementation opportunities, but also provides a detailed snapshot of the scope and status of current implementation opportunities for stakeholders.

Community Opportunities:

  • New Trello table! Similar to the above table, this tool is being used by the stewards to track our exploring of new product opportunities and partnerships



Community and Product Updates
Product Updates
Community Updates




ATTENDANCE:  



RECORDING AND CHAT TRANSCRIPT   

Meeting Recording:


ADDITIONAL READING