July 13, 2021

Monthly OpenLMIS Governance Committee Call. This meeting includes members of the governance committee, as well as anyone else interested in participating. 

Time

  • 7:00 - 8:00 AM PST - Seattle
  • 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST - New York, DC
  • 3:00 PM CET - Geneva, Copenhagen (4PM during daylight saving time of the year)
  • 5:00 PM EAT - Dar (6PM during daylight saving time of the year)

Call Details


Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/377281719

One tap mobile +16699006833,,377281719# US (San Jose) or +19294362866,,377281719# US

Dial by your location: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) or +1 929 436 2866 US
Meeting ID: 377 281 719
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/byw2qkHOU

Action items for next call  - 

Action Items 




Notes


Topic

Who

Notes

Chat Captures

Introductions and Call opening (5 min)

  • Notes from June Governance call

Welcome

We reviewed the agenda for this call



Community Forum ReflectionsPranil Singh and Brian Taliesin

Pranil: We held the first OpenLMIS Community Forum in June. We had strong attendance with ~25 people. We want more engagement from participants at the next meeting. Brandon provided suggestions on engagement and invite everyone in the community to speak up and make sure the forum is a vibrant place to bring their ideas and inputs.

Question (Brian): How is progress on Enterprise Support rollout and sign-ups? 
Answer (Brandon): At VillageReach, we are having conversations with all of our country teams about the importance of building this into plans and budgets. Vitalliance sent a letter in early July explaining how certain free core support ends as of October 1. Vitalliance has also gotten feedback on the messaging and approach and is incorporating feedback as they continue to have conversations.

Action Item:


IP CLA/CAA Vote OutcomeJosh Zamor and Brandon Bowersox-Johnson

The Governance Committee voting circulated by email and Google Forms has passed. We got 7 votes, all voting to approve the IP Summary and Recommendations: https://docs.google.com/document/d/18i0-Ywc9dn-pR84AolmLz2lFVnLi9XkgWRLjD26mUF0/edit?usp=sharing

One person provided feedback on the Contribution Guide: https://github.com/OpenLMIS/openlmis-ref-distro/blob/ip-update-proposal/docs/source/contribute/contributionGuide.md#licensing and Josh will incorporate that feedback to clarify the documentation.

Per discussion, there is still a need to make sure we have a clear process for handling the CAA paperwork or CLA approval. 


Governance Committee

Carl, Kelly and Jakub suggested moving these GC meetings to less frequently for now but still using this as a forum to keep people in touch.

Action Item:

  • Pranil will also share this with Dean and provide feedback

Transition News 

Wes Brown will join Vitalliance and continue leading OpenLMIS software development there. Huge congratulations to Wes on this transition!

David Crewe-Brown will join as a General Manager at Vitalliance starting August 1. He has a wealth of experience in the health supply chain space, coming from his role with GHSC TA project in South Africa. 

Also, there is recent news that Imperial Logistics may be part of a big acquisition. We expect there will be more news soon.

Carl: I had a conversation with Grand Challenges Canada and Cross-Border Impact Ventures (they invest in firms working in LMIC). They are looking at cross-country business models and transitions like this one.


AOB




ATTENDANCE:  

Brian Taliesin, PATH

Carl Leitner, PATH

Brandon Bowersox-Johnson, VillageReach

Josh Zamor, VillageReach

Wes Brown, VillageReach (soon to be Vitalliance)

Pranil Singh, Vitalliance

Jakub Slawinski, SolDevelo

Lindabeth Doby, USAID

Kelly Hamblin, BMGF




RECORDING AND CHAT TRANSCRIPT   

Meeting Recording: 

https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/lQxIq6A0gi4dGphE6IvNut7yzghyRebLGYcUW2l7Q1IW_hDK1-CkD1gzv3lcykGA.x9vk_pXPKpQ73So-