August 11, 2021

Monthly OpenLMIS Governance Committee Call. This meeting includes members of the governance committee, as well as anyone else interested in participating. 

Time

  • 7:00 - 8:00 AM PST - Seattle
  • 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST - New York, DC
  • 3:00 PM CET - Geneva, Copenhagen (4PM during daylight saving time of the year)
  • 5:00 PM EAT - Dar (6PM during daylight saving time of the year)

Call Details


Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/377281719

One tap mobile +16699006833,,377281719# US (San Jose) or +19294362866,,377281719# US

Dial by your location: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) or +1 929 436 2866 US
Meeting ID: 377 281 719
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/byw2qkHOU

Action items for next call  - 

Action Items 




Notes


Topic

Who

Notes

Chat Captures

Introductions and Call opening (20 min)

Brandon Bowersox-Johnson

New people were welcomed to the OpenLMIS community

-    David Crewe-Brown – GM Vitalliance

-    Pranil Singh – Communications Vitalliance

Transitions

-    PATH - Brian Taliesin – taken on role of OpenLMIS director through transition.

-    Village Reach - Brandon Bowersox-Johnson – leaving late Aug 2021. Jennifer Pancholi will be taking over from him

-    Village Reach – Rebecca Alban on parental leave. Pranil has taken over from her.

-    CHAI – Gaurav Bhattacharya leaving. Lakshmi Balachandran will be taking over from him

-    Wes Brown – moving to Vitalliance in a similar role


Committee transitions

Brandon Bowersox-Johnson

-    Governance Committee – This was the last meeting – replaced by Strategic Oversight Committee (quarterly)

-    Product Committee – Transitioning to the OpenLMIS Community Forum

-    Technical Committee – Still to be defined


Transition planning and activity

David Crewe-Brown

Feedback given to the major achievements to date and the current priority activities


Opportunity pipeline

David Crewe-Brown

Some opportunities were confirmed

-    Gambia – RFP not yet advertised. Still scoping. Funding from TGF or Global bank

-    Kenya – not aware of the award.

Committed work

-    v2 to v3 upgrade for EPI complete in Moz (Selv) – VillageReach

-    v2 to v3 upgrade in progress for other products in Moz (Siglus) - PSM


Enterprise Support 

Dean Tebbutt

Highlighted limited response received thus far for enterprise support. Requested continued support for current projects to sign up enterprise support. Focus on new projects is to ensure that the enterprise support is built into the project costs

Comment made about the name of enterprise support – might need to use a different name to make all parties more amenable to the concept

Risk flagged that if only one country signs up for enterprise support it will be a challenge for Vitalliance to provide the contracted level of support as the income will not cover the costs.


AOB

Special words of thanks to Brandon and Gaurav for their contributions over the years




ATTENDANCE:  

Carl Leitner, PATH (Chair)

Brandon Bowersox-Johnson, VillageReach

Josh Zamor, VillageReach

Emily Bancroft, VillageReach

Jennifer Pancholi, VillageReach

Christine Lenihan, VillageReach

Lindabeth Doby, USAID

Kelly Hamblin, BMGF

Ashraf Islam - JSI

Jean Miller – PSM

Lakshmi Balachandran - CHAI

Gaurav Bhattacharya – CHAI

Trevor Lambiotte, Vitalliance

Dean Tebbutt, Vitalliance

Pranil Singh, Vitalliance

David Crewe-Brown, Vitalliance

Apologies

Wes Brown, VillageReach

Gene Trousil, Vitalliance



RECORDING AND CHAT TRANSCRIPT   

Meeting Recording: 

https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/psOXjOdkZGhFxQ0M4342mHgxpvPc3N3HpZCawB0SSx6BU9Vs2r8LzfW1UOpDGN99.3dusGvWQ7EWhe8cx?startTime=1628604124000




Presentation