August 13, 2019

Monthly OpenLMIS Governance Committee Call. This meeting includes members of the governance committee, as well as anyone else interested in participating. 

Time

  • 7:00 - 8:00 AM PST - Seattle
  • 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST - New York, DC
  • 3:00 PM CET - Geneva, Copenhagen (4PM during daylight saving time of the year)
  • 5:00 PM EAT - Dar (6PM during daylight saving time of the year)

Call Details


Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/377281719

One tap mobile +16699006833,,377281719# US (San Jose) or +19294362866,,377281719# US

Dial by your location: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) or +1 929 436 2866 US
Meeting ID: 377 281 719
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/byw2qkHOU

Action items for next call   

  •  

Action Items from July Governance

  • Rebecca Alban is still update the Digital Health Atlas to have separate entries for each country implementation, using info@ as principle contact for all country entries. (this is in progress)Carl Leitner or other person TBD will connect with the Digital Health Atlas folks to see if we can add contact spaces for additional entries --these updates are being made, not completed yet
  • Brandon Bowersox-Johnson to draft statement that can go on our website to describe the different versions and which are supported by donors; we should also create a page describing upgrade path (2.0 to 3.0)- draft is completed and being revised

Notes


Topic

Who

Notes

Chat Captures

Introductions and Call opening

  • Notes from July Governance call

July Notes 

  

Welcome



Study Tours-updateRebecca Alban

Wiki page to track applications created: OpenLMIS Study Tours

-first application from Cameroon received-under review

Congo Opportunity- I received an expression of interest from the Data Manager au Ministère de la Santé et de la Population in the Congo (not the DRC)

  • is there a Trusted Partner who is interested on working with them on an application?
  • They prefer francophone support, as well as visiting a francophone country (suggestions on how to handle this when there are no v3 deployments in francophone countries??)

JSI: potential interest, Ashraf to get back to me, they have french speakers

BAO; reaching out to their team. they have french speakers



Sustainability work Update: Resonance


Resonance Team


Project Update:

Continuing their work thru mid-November

Viability and Costing workstream- working with VillageReach on this

Contacting private health stakeholders: interviewing SMEs and potential customers

*they are open to new leads if anyone has any contacts that they want to share!

Initial observations: Private health market remains small; opportunities vary by country; cost is not necessarily the bottom line (affordability is important but so is efficiency); 

Small workstream is also taking place around agriculture; comparing workflows; will share report in early September around that

Early September will share results around private health as well

Craig: is there a difference in how the private vs public markets think about price? and how they measure it? Kim: Yes there is a big difference. This will be a big part of the interview process, and will work with Lenati more on costing

Brandon: timeline runs through November, Sept is key touchpoint to share findings, is there a time we can get together in person about this key turning point? We will take this offline to 



OpenHIE Meeting 2019


Carl Leitner

Nov 4-9, Ethiopia

JSI Ethiopia office is supporting the logistics for this meeting

Last year was the first one in Arusha; MoH, implementing partners; it was a great event

Registration opened last week for this meeting; we are still setting the agenda

Quick head count to see who will be there: potential hackathon, and other learning opportunities

Potential attendees: 

VR is encouraging staff to attend; Josh and other country staff

JSI has 3-4 projects in Ethiopia so can encourage local staff to attend

Craig: it was valuable to identify the agenda prior to the meeting; very participant driven. Identify what role you want to play in the meeting and what activities would be valuable for the community.

→we can bring this up at the next governance meeting as per craig's advice


OpenLMIS Community Meeting- Nov 18-20


Rebecca Alban

Save the Date!

Johannesburg, Protea Hoteal in Standton (1 block from GHSC conference)

Much more in depth than last year

Objectives: 

  1. updates re OpenLMIS future state, and discuss/decide how to move forward in terms of product roadmap and community participation/roles
  2. capacity building of community members- training sessions, group work, learning from country implementations

Ideas for product learning sessions so far:

  • How to spin up an instance of OpenLMIS on your laptop (in 2 hours!)
  • How to create custom reports in the new reporting stack
  • Business development: 
    • how to do a short demo of OpenLMIS
    • reviewing RFI/P requirements

Quick head count to gauge interest/availability of partners?

Ashraf- interested, needs funding

BAO; Dan needs to check their availability

Kaleb- no Gates attendance due to a retreat that week

Parambir- interested, needs funding

Sachin- Empower is tentative; someone might be going for conference and can extend their stay. they will have more clarity in the coming weeks

Carl- cannot attend but maybe the other Carl can.


Philippines Expo Trip-opportunity updateRebecca Alban 

Govt of Philipines is reviewing products for an eLMIS. The below opportunity was circulated to the community partners–JSI expressed interest and Ashraf and Wendy B. (JSI Zambia) are being funded to represent OpenLMIS initiative at this 'Expo' event:

This will be a great opportunity to showcase our product to the Govt of Philipines, and also see what other products are out there. JSI will take detailed notes about the other products and compile them into a Trip Report for to community to review and discuss.

Suggestions from the group on how JSI should represent our product or our initiative as a whole to the Asia market? 

Carl suggested: they should meet Philip Zuniga- is the head of the Regional Interoperablity Lab (based in Manila)

   http://sil-asia.org/

Should meet with Alvin Marcelo from AeHIN. Carl Leitner can make connections

Brandon: Have a demo of all the key selling points ready; including integrations with OpenSRP; do a practice run beforehand

So far they have only shared a one page flyer with their high level requirements; more details will be revealed in the Expo

Gaps that we see: transportation, distribution, detailed inventory mgmt. 

There is an OpenSRP implementation in Indonesia, not Philippines


Product Committee Update Wesley Brown

Timeline for next release; 3.7 due for release at the end of August

Upcoming feature priorities: 3.8 features are not yet confirmed or prioritized

New Product Committee meeting structure (different objectives for each meeting)

  • meetings are held every 2 weeks, but in different timezones to accommodate all
  • implementer focused meeting (every 4 weeks)
  • global product committee meeting (every 4 weeks)
  • expectation to only participate in 1 meeting per month (but welcome to both in interested!)

Our development budget is significantly less (about 80% less than during the GAP project), so we are making good progress

Feature backlog wiki page: Feature Backlog


eSwatini RFI  (PSM)

Parambir S Gill (Unlicensed)RFI dates extended until the 30th of August
Update with Product Catalog Management Tool (PCMT) Josh Zamor  and Carl

What is in the works and how it is planning to interact with OpenLMIS

Progressing, a tool is selected, a project is set up in Gitlab: https://gitlab.com/pcmt/pcmt/wikis/home

Also, there is a Digital Square RFA that is out now which includes connecting openIMIS (health insurance) to a Product  Registry:

https://applications.digitalsquare.io/rfa-2019-016



AeHIN webinar opportunityRebecca Albandetails are in the works

Update on aggregate reporting standards (if time allows)

Carl and Josh

aggregate reporting standard with FHIR was published

Discuss differences in what is being done currently with OpenLMIS

DHIS2 the key FHIR person is leaving this week



Conferences and Meetings

Conferences provide the community the opportunity for OpenLMIS members to speak or represent the OpenLMIS software and community in public forum.



All

Upcoming Conferences

  • Health & Humanitarian Logistics Conference 
    • July 10-11, 2019 in Kigali, Rwanda
  • OpenHIE Meeting
  • Helina Conference
    • Nov 20-22 Botswana
  • OpenLMIS Community Meeting 
    • Nov 18-20th
    • community discussions around community next steps
    • learning sessions for partners 
  • Global Health Supply Chain Summit
    • November 20-22 Johannesburg, South Africa
    •  submitted multiple abstracts
  • Global Digital Health Forum (also Global Goods meeting?)
    • Dec 9-11, Washington DC
    • OpenLMIS submitted 1 poster and 1 panel presentation abstract 



Opportunities Roundtable

Definitions to use shared terminology:

  • Implementation opportunity: an opportunity for an implementation or deployment of the OpenLMIS software.  Usually this is done at a national or sub-national level within a ministry of health. This can also include feature work which would be done within the implementation and contributed back to the global codebase.
  • Community opportunity: a funding opportunity to support an organization or individual to work directly on the global codebase and/or administrate the community processes. This may include funding specific features on the community roadmap.
Rebecca Alban

Country implementation opportunities:

  • This Trello table is being updated on an ongoing basis; to help the core team to track and manage implementation opportunities, but also provides a detailed snapshot of the scope and status of current implementation opportunities for stakeholders.


Community Opportunities:

  • New Trello table! Similar to the above table, this tool is being used by the stewards to track our exploring of new product opportunities and partnerships

Study Tours:

  • Study Tours wiki page tracks applications recieved, study tours completed, and other key milestones related to OpenLMIS Study Tours



AOB


Community and Product Updates
Product Updates
Community Updates




ATTENDANCE: Former user (Deleted)Wesley BrownCarl LeitnerJosh ZamorCraig Appl (Unlicensed)Dan Cocos (Unlicensed)AshrafLindabeth DobyKaleb Brownlow (Unlicensed)Parambir S Gill (Unlicensed)Brandon Bowersox-Johnson




RECORDING AND CHAT TRANSCRIPT   





ADDITIONAL READING