- Shared official announcement of handover partner selection (which is still confidential) determined via unanimous GC agreement. Lots of enthusiasm on both sides of the partnership.
- (Ashraf) For discussion w/ handover partner, did you come to an agreement about the copyrights? (Rebecca) Still being worked out in the Definitive Agreement; getting advice from different legal teams. (Brandon) The details of the IP work are some of the open questions with the WG as part of the selection discussion. Handover partner is the closest of the shortlisted candidates to what we're looking for and we're working with legal teams and FOSS experts to make the right decision, confirm an exit plan, and make sure to adhere to Community values.
- (Ashraf) Once we come to an agreement about the IP, can we inform the GC before making the final call? (Brandon) Yeah, that's a good idea. There's a memo with the main questions that we're hoping to put together. We can circulate that as long as it's confidential.
-heading toward our Transition Phase (finally!); working out contract in the coming month
-we have not yet informed our non-selected partners, which is why we are keeping this news confidential for now
-January will be co-creating and future state planning; will be creating a detailed Transition Plan to map out milestones
Discussion Questions: How can we set this partnership up for success?
Ashraf: Vitalliance should be tasked with putting meat on the bone for their vision and what types of assistance they would need from existing partners. Partners can indicate their willingness to support, but they should be taking the lead
Brian: How do you see them being introduced to the individuals doing implementations in country?
Ashraf: They should flesh out the Enterprise Support plan; now that they are taking over they can determine what the tiers are (not VR and Kim's team); then we would feel comfortable to bring them in and talk to country client
Gaurav: Would be good to keep governance members in the loop so that the terms are clearly understood by all and they can provide feedback. Another point is that govt counterparts where OpenLMIS has been deployed, we should give them a heads up (before the public announcement). They are an important stakeholder and should be treated separately re: how we roll out this announcement
Brandon: How can we do that (to reach them) and what type of govt counterparts exactly?
Gaurav: We can communicate it as a follow on to partnership to handover communication; as an update to the status and process (similar to the email the governance committee recieved). This should be for those MoH officials who are managing OpenLMIS deployments in country. Would look to implementing teams on the ground to give us the MoH/CMS names/contacts for the audience for this round of communications
Brandon: What type of communication would be appropriate?
Gaurav: Written communication from OpenLMIS core (not meetings) would work; and teams can bring forward any questions from individuals.
Carl L: Question around the roadmap and how they are going to approach it; good to have some Zoom facetime who will be overseeing it; how they will engage with the community; their development priorities. To give a sense of what is to be expected. And on a related note, how they want to engage at a governance level with the community. Would be nice to address these things in early 2021-no urgency but want to see the process documented and unfold. Like a more focused discussion with the governance committee
Wes: Would be good to have one main meeting to introduce Vitalliance to the community; have a wholistic discussion. Then another meeting down the line can be more specifically focused on the roadmap/dev plans
Brian: What type of technical discussion is needed to help Vitalliance lean into the Enterprise Support piece?
Wes: Would be good to understand their intent (or not) to keep the same processes going
Ashraf: Any discussion re: governance committee evolving/devolving once Vitalliance takes over?
Kim: They envision a Strategic Oversight Committee who would meet quarterly to oversee the transition and set KPIs for them to adhere to. Then also a larger Key User Group to weigh in on product direction
Kelly: thinking through communication and giving existing implementations prior notice is a good idea; maybe even other stakeholders as well...Keeping us informed as things progress. Would be good to reconnect with this group before the public announcement happens
Lindabeth: Be flexible; set ad hoc meetings if other things come up that we need to cover
Continuance of the Partnership Working Group:
- LB: Probably good to keep a few more meetings in case there are things that we have thought of that haven't come up
- Rebecca to move meeting that is currently Dec 30 to Jan 6th