PC: March 26 2019

Call Information

  • 08:00 PDT - Seattle
  • 11:00 EDT - New York, DC
  • 17:00 CAT - Zambia/Malawi (UTC+2)
  • 18:00 EAT - Tanzania/Kenya (UTC+3)


Last Meeting NotesPC: March 12 2019

AGENDA

Item

Lead (Time)

Notes and Updates

Software Development Update

RoadmapLiving Product Roadmap 

Current sprintBacklog Grooming Sprint 121

Upcoming sprintBacklog Grooming Sprint 122 (Last Dev Sprint!)

Release: 

  • 3.6 Aiming to start the release process in early April (Sprint 123)
  • What to see what is in which release, check this out.

Team statshttps://openlmis.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12504

Velocity: Context: Includes all four teams.  Team performance is impacted by manual testing, regression testing began in Sprint 105, released 3.4 in Sprint 106, released 3.5 in Sprint 113, Holidays impacted 114 and 115.

Wesley Brown (5 min)

3.6 Scope

3.6 Feature List

Brief update

The release process will start in Sprint 123 and the 3.6 release is expected to take place at some point during that sprint.


Meeting Notes:

Some teams may have some extra space in upcoming springs thus some other tickets can be addressed by "Mind the Gap" team.

Note work in backlog grooming sprint including DHIS2 integration.  Update from JSI: Going through code to see how to implement, looking at options, continue coding.  For current sprint, will not be able to finish so will spill over until next sprint.  Still on target for 3.6 release.

  • Post-3.6 Feature Suggestions
Wesley Brown (15 min)

Feature Discussion: https://forum.openlmis.org/t/potential-post-v3-6-features/5028

Action Items:

Potential Post V3.6 (post Gap Project) Features.  (reviewed potential ideas as a group)

  • DHIS2 transportation piece (part done through gap project)
  • Several areas around stock management (offline functionality, cost summary on orders etc)
  • Reporting functionality to select certain products as tracers
  • Angola specific tickets (AO in the list) including system alert when a product is about to expire (quick win!); commodities cost feature; aggregated requisitions; third party supplier management
  • Configuration assistant page and other features on improving OpenLMIS implementation
  • Additional filters on approve R&R screen
  • Bar code support

Thoughts? 

  • Ashraf - based on recent RFPs, a lot around stock management and robust offline capabilities.  Vote to have these in future version of OpenLMIS.
  • Rebecca - we do keep a record of old RFPs in trello board so we can see opportunities - 

  • Sam -  Ability to export reference data - do we want to prioritize this higher?  OLMIS-5440 - Getting issue details... STATUS
  • Josh - Are there needs for deployment support (i.e. monitoring tools for their instance; multi server etc)?
  • New instances of reporting stack?
  • Craig - Feature around asynchronous uploading. Future state where power may be limited and there will be a need to fire off a request for a report, run it into a queue and when this is processed, having report available and archived for users.  Josh - this has come up before. 
  • Gaurav - How does this list overlap with the Living Product Roadmap?  Agrees with Ashraf to look at country requirements and have a broad list of where we want product to go.  IE  one RFP requested some functionality at warehouse level/interoperability with ERPs.
  • Ashraf - good idea to understand needs for inventory mgt, warehouse mgt etc.  
  • Gaurav - explore mobile application part of OpenLMIS/connect with other open source apps  Josh - recently published mobile strategy publication.  See here - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aaZ3TkX3QPiLYCbhiuWDFgZ_lMmr_Cj-ZiqDFXmIlCI/edit?usp=sharing  Gaurav - would like to have a broader discussion on this to evolve the mobile strategy

Craig - potential pivot following Resonance work.  Need to be sure to align with product roadmap.

  • Wesley Brown will take this feedback and ad it to the discussion post on Discourse to engage the broader community and others who were not able to join today's call.

Transitioning the Product Committee

  • Wes asks members what they find valuable (or not) to restructure going forward.
Wesley Brown (5 min)

Feedback Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KPVKM5Q  (only takes about 15 minutes - really want feedback including from trusted partners)

  • Wesley Brown to create a survey and send out (for reals this time)

Previous Discussion

Next PC meeting: Topic ideas??


Additional Requests and Information:




ATTENDANCE: Wesley Brown Ashraf Amanda BenDor (Unlicensed) Craig Appl (Unlicensed) Gaurav Bhattacharya (Unlicensed) Josh Zamor Rebecca Alban (Unlicensed) Sam Im (Deactivated) Sebastian Brudziński Dercio Duvane



RECORDING:


ADDITIONAL READING:

OpenLMIS: the global initiative for powerful LMIS software