May 11, 2021

Monthly OpenLMIS Governance Committee Call. This meeting includes members of the governance committee, as well as anyone else interested in participating. 

Time

  • 7:00 - 8:00 AM PST - Seattle
  • 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST - New York, DC
  • 3:00 PM CET - Geneva, Copenhagen (4PM during daylight saving time of the year)
  • 5:00 PM EAT - Dar (6PM during daylight saving time of the year)

Call Details


Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/377281719

One tap mobile +16699006833,,377281719# US (San Jose) or +19294362866,,377281719# US

Dial by your location: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) or +1 929 436 2866 US
Meeting ID: 377 281 719
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/byw2qkHOU

Action items for next call  - 

Action Items 




Notes


Topic

Who

Notes

Chat Captures

Introductions and Call opening (5 min)

  • Notes from April Governance call

April Notes

Welcome

Review agenda for this call;



Opportunity Pipeline ReviewRebecca Alban

Quick Summary of upcoming opportunities:

  • Nigeria (Gavi)- coalition of OpenLMIS partners mobilized, ready to support, provided feedback on draft SOW
    • Start with rapid COVID Ed rollout, then evolve into longer term system deployment for more products and increased functionality. 
    • larger system rollout will be part of bidding process
    • separate communication channels between Gavi/stewards; Gavi/NPHCDA
    • Coordination from Rebecca will have to shift to another point of contact
  • Kenya (Gavi)- partners TBD; 
    • Any intel on the scope?  This appears to be a "costed roadmap"; scope does not look like its funding of implementation
      • There is a mention of a deployment of something but it's not totally clear what this is
      • Only PATH has expressed interest so far; any others? Brian: to get this to a selection process for implementation. Similar to work on VIMS project in TZ, make sure requirements map to set us up for success. Will use a common requirements model. PATH is OK to be disqualified if that is the case. Software selection would happen after 6 months
        • Does putting together the requirements preclude us from implementing?
      • JSI is interested but not sure of the scope- if this is an independent piece of work. Do you know if they already have an implementer in mind? Project has a 26 month timeline. CHAI has application called CHANJO- how is that involved?
      • Gaurav: CHAI team working closely w/MoH to understand what will happen w/ existing app (modify it so its TSS compliant or replace it). 
      • --offline convo w/ gaurav , Ashraf, Brian
      • Vitalliance: want to get a view of the questions going into the Q&A
    • Q&A session on the 13th; this is also when EOI's are due
    • RFP_Kenya eLMIS_050-2021-GAVI-RFP.docx
    • Ashraf: this is more a requirement gathering project; the implementer for the tool is unclear. The SOW says its GAVI's preference that the tool is TSS compliant, have GS1 feature, track & trace. The software implementation is not included in the RFP. Aligns with with Brian heard as well
  • COVID Ed DRC (lab commodities)- CHAI
    • recent request, mobilizing resources to be able to support
  • Gambia - VR & JSI leads (Global Fund),
    • OpenLMIS will still need to submit a bid, but we have strong chance of success

"Committed" work

  • v2 updgrade Moz (VillageReach), funding from PSM
  • v2 Upgrade TZ  (VillageReach, others), funding from PSM
  • eSwatini pilot expansion (CHAI)

Transition updates

Dean Tebutt (Vitalliance)

OpenLMIS Transition Update_GC May 2021.pptx

  • Reflect on upcoming priorities
  • Q&A

IP UpdateJosh Zamor Brandon Bowersox-Johnson

What’s new today:

Formal language is ready for Governance Committee review:
IP Summary document and Contribution Guide documentation.

    • We recommend shifting to a more formal code contribution process.
    • Contributors would be asked to sign a Contributor Assignment Agreement (CAA) or Contributor License Agreement (CLA) alternative.
    • VillageReach and JSI signed a CLA for contributions JSI staff have made and continue to make into OpenLMIS v3.
    • this includes a link to the CLA and CAA

AOB


(topic to save for future meeting)

Comparing OpenLMIS and DHIS2 capabilities


How do we advise countries on what each system can do for them for COVID?

DHIS2 has better data collection and vaccine tracking; they have an EIR-like data capture that tracks patients and their doses

larger question: why are we still being reactive, we knew this vaccine would be coming and haven't been able to prepare. So DHIS2 has stepped in to fill the hole


Conferences and Meetings

Conferences provide the community the opportunity for OpenLMIS members to speak or represent the OpenLMIS software and community in public forum.



All

Upcoming (Virtual) Conferences for 2020 (let's add them here!)


Opportunities documentation

Definitions to use shared terminology:

  • Implementation opportunity: an opportunity for an implementation or deployment of the OpenLMIS software.  Usually this is done at a national or sub-national level within a ministry of health. This can also include feature work which would be done within the implementation and contributed back to the global codebase.
  • Community opportunity: a funding opportunity to support an organization or individual to work directly on the global codebase and/or administrate the community processes. This may include funding specific features on the community roadmap.

Country implementation opportunities:

  • This Trello table is being updated on an ongoing basis; to help the core team to track and manage implementation opportunities, but also provides a detailed snapshot of the scope and status of current implementation opportunities for stakeholders.

Community Opportunities:

  • New Trello table! Similar to the above table, this tool is being used by the stewards to track our exploring of new product opportunities and partnerships

Study Tours:

  • Study Tours wiki page tracks applications received, study tours completed, and other key milestones related to OpenLMIS Study Tours (this activity is no longer active due to COVID-19)



Community and Product Updates
Product Updates
Community Updates




ATTENDANCE:  Rebecca AlbanJosh Zamor Brandon Bowersox-Johnson Dean Tebutt, Carl Leitner Gaurav Bhattacharya Ashraf Jakub SławińskiBrian Taliesin



RECORDING AND CHAT TRANSCRIPT   

Meeting Recording:
https://us02web.zoom.us/rec/share/AnGXBxJljYRjSiyw-JoCIFXNUumQV_0PlUztKonwznwWVrm3XzElC2CuaKK2Xhdf.DSlzD9uaY1ftPwPt


ADDITIONAL READING