June 9, 2020

Monthly OpenLMIS Governance Committee Call. This meeting includes members of the governance committee, as well as anyone else interested in participating. 

Time

  • 7:00 - 8:00 AM PST - Seattle
  • 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM EST - New York, DC
  • 3:00 PM CET - Geneva, Copenhagen (4PM during daylight saving time of the year)
  • 5:00 PM EAT - Dar (6PM during daylight saving time of the year)

Call Details


Join Zoom Meeting https://zoom.us/j/377281719

One tap mobile +16699006833,,377281719# US (San Jose) or +19294362866,,377281719# US

Dial by your location: +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) or +1 929 436 2866 US
Meeting ID: 377 281 719
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/byw2qkHOU

Action items for next call   

Action Items from May Governance

  • Group to contribute to Call for EOI Dissemination 

Notes


Topic

Who

Notes

Chat Captures

Introductions and Call opening (5 min)

  • Notes from May Governance call

May Notes

Welcome

Review agenda for this call



Community Engagement updates - 5 min

Rebecca Alban

Recent communications materials to highlight since we last met...

Transition-related engagement:

  • All implementations received email update on OpenLMIS Transition
  • #Transition Slack channel created
  • Transition page on website is up  https://openlmis.org/transition/ -with Transition FAQs, link to EOI

Call for EOI is live! Here is what you need to know:Rebecca AlbanFormer user (Deleted) 
  • Call for Expression of Interest : This is a short and easily digestible description of our partnership objectives and value proposition 
  • Online EOI Form: this is a short online form that an interested partner fills out to document their interest in exploring this partnership opportunity with us
  • OpenLMIS Briefing Document: this is an accompanying document that explains generally what OpenLMIS is; an orientation for private sector audiences who are new to OpenLMIS
  • Q&A Teleconference 

Ashraf: We are going to get questions around 'what does it mean for them'?  (will we get funding for transition, for example) Suggestion to publish Q&A over the website as we get them

EOI's already received from: Fleishhacker, Entercoms, AMS

Overview of Dissemination Plan

Review of Next Steps re: shortlisting and selection


COVID19 Tool Update -5 minGaurav Bhattacharya 

Update on status of the tool, implementation pipeline

Local instances for Zimbabwe & Cameroon are ready; CHAI country teams received trainings; they will then train the MoH. Production instance will be developed after training instance; that takes a few days

Conversations with DRC re: a lab use case ; CHAI and VR teams in DRC. They are interfacing with the digital health agency with/in MoH. There is a COVID-specific group too

-

Exploratory Phase workstreams update


Former user (Deleted)

quick update



GS1 FHIR conversationsCarl Leitner

Link GS1 standards to HL7 FHIR standards; look at intersection for health info domain with supply chain

Ensure GS1 master data has standard representation within FHIR

Inventory tracking, healthcare product, heicharchy of trade items

New FHIR Resources being developed to support additional SC-related use cases; FHIR Implementation Guide

Invitation to participate:

https://discourse.ohie.org/t/ohie-sc-use-cases/3039 

idea to supplement supply chain data with data from EMR or data from other systems; track and trace as commodities move through clinics

Ashraf: GS1 and HL7 are globally recognized standards; starting conversation in OpenHIE; HOw do we ensure that we gain the gravitas so that they are recognized and followed? Carl: done under auspices of Joint (question) Council. It took a while to get going to make sure there was consensus of major actors to make sure GS1 HQ and other important actors are involved

Brian: this is a game-changer for linking supply chain with other health info systems

You wont have to pay for a GLN; gives flexibility around licensing and fees that you dont have under the FHIR standard


Remaining Study Tour fundsRebecca Alban

Study Tours have been cancelled indefinitely; we have roughly 50k of unspent funds. Ideas to re-purpose funds to serve a similar purpose?

Suggestion: Create an online user course for OpenLMIS: take user manual and turn it into a course; skills guide

Open iHRIS was recently able to do this successfully using moodle; could track analytics of what skills people were interested in

This would entail hiring a consultant to take our our existing content that we use for user training and convert it into online learning material; this provides a new service that would have lasting benefit and facilitate future implementations

https://www.ihris.org/2014/04/first-elearning-course-for-ihris-users-now-available

Brian: in addition to online learning; a demo site for 'safe play/learning'

Ashraf: could divide funding for specific countries to highlight what is unique about an implementation/highlight it in video/demo/comms piece

Gaurav: what are our objectives that we have not been able to address

Brandon: training idea is interesting; trick would be that every implementation is so different; the material would need to be genericized. Video would not be helpful. With COVID taking many of our resources, perhaps we could consider using these funds for COVID



Global Digital Health Forum-abstract ideas

And other conferences


Rebecca Alban
  • Ashraf: Transition and EOI; (why we are transitioning, vision for that)
  • Garuav: framing as a sustainability initiative or effort that is unique for a global digital good; share experience 
  • LB: Session to get more input from attendees on value of data; by December we should have lots to share
  • Gaurav: COVID
  • how do we merge all the solutions that work together; flow into long term sustainability
  • Carl/Josh: present on standards on supply chain data? How FHIR is working with unique location identifiers; could do a proof of concept with real standards 

The conference organizers are still trying to decide if/how to host the event this year. But if they do, we want to solicit ideas, interest for co-presenting 

  • Question: Will there be another Global Health Supply Chain summit this year? 

AOB
none

Conferences and Meetings

Conferences provide the community the opportunity for OpenLMIS members to speak or represent the OpenLMIS software and community in public forum.



All

Upcoming (Virtual) Conferences for 2020 (let's add them here!)

There is interest in a Digital Square maintained Calendar of Events. So we might eventually link with that calendar in the future

  • Global Digital Health Forum 
    • December 2020, Washington DC (or virtual?)
    • OpenLMIS core team submitting abstracts
  • Question: Will there be another Global Health Supply Chain summit this year? 

Opportunities documentation

Definitions to use shared terminology:

  • Implementation opportunity: an opportunity for an implementation or deployment of the OpenLMIS software.  Usually this is done at a national or sub-national level within a ministry of health. This can also include feature work which would be done within the implementation and contributed back to the global codebase.
  • Community opportunity: a funding opportunity to support an organization or individual to work directly on the global codebase and/or administrate the community processes. This may include funding specific features on the community roadmap.

Country implementation opportunities:

  • This Trello table is being updated on an ongoing basis; to help the core team to track and manage implementation opportunities, but also provides a detailed snapshot of the scope and status of current implementation opportunities for stakeholders.

Community Opportunities:

  • New Trello table! Similar to the above table, this tool is being used by the stewards to track our exploring of new product opportunities and partnerships

Study Tours:

  • Study Tours wiki page tracks applications received, study tours completed, and other key milestones related to OpenLMIS Study Tours



Community and Product Updates
Product Updates
Community Updates




ATTENDANCE:  Rebecca Alban Kelly Hamblin, Brian TaliesinGaurav BhattacharyaFormer user (Deleted)AshrafBrandon Bowersox-JohnsonJamal Sayess (Unlicensed)Josh ZamorJakub SławińskiSachin Jagtap (Unlicensed)Carl LeitnerDouglas Khumalo, Jean Miller, Wesley Brown



RECORDING AND CHAT TRANSCRIPT   


Meeting Recording:

Access Password: 9u#%88!?


ADDITIONAL READING