PC: April 23 2019

Call Information

  • 08:00 PDT - Seattle
  • 11:00 EDT - New York, DC
  • 17:00 CAT - Zambia/Malawi (UTC+2)
  • 18:00 EAT - Tanzania/Kenya (UTC+3)

Last Meeting NotesPC: April 9 2019



Lead (Time)

Notes and Updates

Software Development Update

RoadmapLiving Product Roadmap 

Current sprintBacklog Grooming Sprint 122

Upcoming sprintBacklog Grooming Sprint 123


  • 3.6 starting the release process on April 11 (Sprint 123)
  • What to see what is in which release, check this out.

Team statshttps://openlmis.atlassian.net/secure/Dashboard.jspa?selectPageId=12504

Velocity: Context: Includes all four teams.  Team performance is impacted by manual testing, regression testing began in Sprint 105, released 3.4 in Sprint 106, released 3.5 in Sprint 113, Holidays impacted 114 and 115.

Wesley Brown (5 min)

Brief update

The release process started last week with the creation of the Release Candidate 1 and a full round of testing. This testing found 2 blocker bugs that we being worked on today (and may already be complete) and we are also using the time to fix a couple of smaller minor bugs that we found. We are planning creating RC2 tomorrow and retesting the affected services with hopes of being ready to pass RC2 on to Malawi and Angola for their testing later this week.

Meeting Notes: 

Parambir: Has there been any testing done with a larger number of data (performance testing)?
Wes: Yes - Performance Metrics

Simon: Is this server side or client side testing?
Sebastian: We are testing from the end-user perspective

Version 3.6 WebinarRebecca Alban (Unlicensed) (5 min)
  • Invitations send!
  • Takes place on May, 16
  • Will be talking about new features
  • Please forward the meeting invite to any relevant stakeholders that may be interested
  • Will be recorded and shared on YouTube
  • ONA and JSI volunteered to have some features showcased
  •   https://zoom.us/meeting/register/6474d7df5d11341ad746f627e8486654

Post-3.6 Feature Priorities

Wesley Brown (15 min)

Feature Discussion: https://forum.openlmis.org/t/potential-post-v3-6-features/5028

Feedback from Discussions with SolDevelo in Poland:

  • Batch Approval - Refining the existing feature. Ability to select and process multiple requisitions. Add ability to select more than 10 requisitions (at least 80), also need to reduce the amount of data transmitted

  • Offline for Stock Mgmt - Stock management does not currently support offline functionality, this would include determining what to support and how.

    • Will the simple approach used for Requisitions work for Stock Management?

    • This will likely require a deeper discussion to properly design
  • Demo-data - Need better data for demoing the system, currently contains a lot of automatically generated data. Would likely split the dataset into demo data and testing/performance data

  • Admin screen wizards - Configuration UI to help with the setup or update of OpenLMIS. Areas that might be improved include facility and product configuration

    • Perhaps something like 'OLMIS doctor' (a la 'brew doctor') - OLMIS-5124 - Getting issue details... STATUS (Ashraf +1, Christine +1)
  • Administrative messages - System-level messages to users (discussed in the last PC: PC: April 9 2019)

  • Tracing specific products (Tracer Products)

  • Cost summary in stock mgmt - Small UI change to show the overall cost summary for various stock changes

  • Update/versioning of orderables (Sebastian +1, Ashraf +1) - Ability to update the product

  • Product Aliases - Allow searching for a product by unofficial (local) names
  • Stock Management Performance (with Angola team) - There is a lot of low-hanging fruit here! Will have to identify which screens to focus on and create a plan for addressing all of the known performance issues

Action Items:

Transitioning the Product Committee

  • Wes asks members what they find valuable (or not) to restructure going forward.
Wesley Brown (5 min)

Feedback Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/KPVKM5Q

Trusted Partners: Please have at least one person fill out the survey by the next PC meeting.

Next PC meeting: Topic ideas??

3.7 Detailed Feature Review

Implementation Experience from Angola

Parambir: Could feedback from implementations be a regular part of this committee? (Simon Dean +1, Wes +1)

Additional Requests and Information:


Wesley Brown Brian Taliesin Matthew Kumbuyo (Deactivated) Parambir S Gill (Unlicensed) Gaurav Bhattacharya (Unlicensed) Ashraf Josh Zamor Rebecca Alban (Unlicensed) Christine Lenihan Sam Im (Deactivated) Simon Dean (Unlicensed) Sebastian Brudziński Sachin Jagtap



OpenLMIS: the global initiative for powerful LMIS software