PC: April 24 2018

Call Information

  • 08:00 PDT - Seattle
  • 11:00 EDT - New York, DC
  • 17:00 CAT - Zambia/Malawi (UTC+2)
  • 18:00 EAT - Tanzania/Kenya (UTC+3)

Last Meeting NotesPC: April 10 2018



Lead (Time)


Software Development Update

  • RoadmapLiving Product Roadmap (needs to be updated with Gap)
  • Current sprintBacklog Grooming Sprint 51 
  • Upcoming sprintBacklog Grooming Sprint 52 (fixing demo data, implementing tagging to support reporting and stock based requisitions)
  • Release: Process has started today.
    • Need to finalize the release notes.
    • Test Plan (3.3 Regression & Release Candidate Test Plan): Community members are welcome to join the Release Candidate testing process.
    • Reminder: Batch Approval will continued to be released in its beta form and not accessible via UI given the performance and design issues. 
  • Reporting: Work is on pause until the Gap Project development starts up.

Mary Jo Kochendorfer (Deactivated)

← We should update this product committee agenda item to include the Gap sprints starting with the next meeting.

Release Process Readout

Sam Im (Deactivated)
  • On March 22nd, we started with regression testing

  • April 6th, deployed Release Candidate the link to the left describes the process

  • Created 2 Release Candidates (see graphs on link)
    • First round: found 59 bugs and 11 regressions
    • Second round: found 24 bugs
  • We have a process of resolving any blocker or critical bugs and prioritizing any others
  • Questions:
    • Does this testing include all pieces of OpenLMIS (UI, Server, Data)?
      • Yes and it is manual testing. There are also thousands of automated tests that must pass as part of this process.
    • Is there scale and performance testing available?
      • Yes, it's part of the process and is done with data that the Malawi project provided to us. Both the automated and manual performance tests are performed with the target that we will not degrade performance between releases.
    • Request: Review the performance with an increased number of orderables and see how it works compared to the current system.
      • This is on our roadmap and we will invest resources in improving performance before the next release.
      • We would like to work as a group to define the scalability parameters.
    • The Malawi team has participated in the testing

Gap Analysis Development Project Readout

  • Estimation meeting happened  -  
  • Plan to present the updated roadmap for review either next meeting or the following
Mary Jo Kochendorfer (Deactivated)
  • We had the Gap project meeting in early April
  • We're working to get the teams ramped up. It's exciting to see how three organizations working on the code base can work together in a unified way.
  • There are risks we identified around creating new Gaps as we go through the process.
  • Mary Jo will circulate the roadmap
  • Ashraf provided an update on the Gap project and highlighted the link between Gap and the country implementations that are actively under development. He would like to establish closer coordination to ensure that the Gap doesn't widen.
  • We're working on the timing:
    • Ona will start immediately
    • JSI will start sprints on May 9th
    • VillageReach's start date is not yet determined

Upcoming webinar on the 3.3 release

  • Scheduled for May 9th, Tenly Snow (Deactivated) will circulate a "save the date" soon.
  • Still deciding if we will re-record in other languages or hold live webinars in multiple languages.

Country implementer updates

  • TZ...
  • Malawi..
  • Zambia...
  • Benin..


Matthew Kumbuyo (Deactivated)


  • We would like to enhance collaboration across the country implementations. The teams could prepare a 10 minute update for the Tanzania OpenLMIS management meeting and perform an update to the Product committee to share what's happening in Tanzania.
  • Matthew Kumbuyo (Deactivated) suggested that we could do the same for Malawi.
  • Question: How can we get better views into the product roadmap across OpenLMIS implementations?
    • Chris Opit (Unlicensed) is the PM from the JSI team who is based in Zambia. Chris can help give us updates as part of the GAP product committee.

New Requests (NO NEW REQUESTS)

Filter:  Getting issues...

  • As a committee we will review any new requests that come in. We will then ask follow up question or clarifications. Once the scope is clear, we will prioritize with the current work for development.
  • Roadmap status = still under discussion
  • ToDo status = ready for work
  • Once the feature is slotted for work, we will change the ticket type to a "story"
Mary Jo Kochendorfer (Deactivated)
  • There haven't been any new requests that have arrived for the product committee. There is a mechanism to suggest new features.
OpenLMIS Community Meeting UpdateTenly Snow (Deactivated)
  • The planning committee is still trying to meet with the community to finalize the community meeting that's currently scheduled for June
Targeted Partner Profile (see email for the document) feedback was submitted.
  • Mary Jo will keep this committee updated on GAVI's finalization of the TPP.

Final Geneva Trip Report

2018 OpenLMIS Advocacy Trip Report

  • This is the final release of the trip report from Geneva.
Any Other Business
  • OpenLMIS is working on SCOR (Supply Chain Operations Reference).
  • We would like to see if there is a way to share membership to SCOR online resources.
Next PC meeting: Gap roadmap review and non-functional requirements and 3.4 roadmap (delayed due to timing of 3.3 release)





OpenLMIS: the global initiative for powerful LMIS software